What is it about?Balaton Sound’s Safety First Campaign is a volunteer program that kicked off in 2018. Due to its success, it will continue as a permanent service at the festival. The program’s goal is to minimize health, safety, and technical issues at the festival through preliminary communication campaigns, video tutorials, on-site presence, and advice from recognized professionals. We are looking for young volunteers that like to enjoy themselves in a conscious manner and find it important that everyone at the festival remains safe.
How does it work?In the program, we will be working with a team of 100 international and Hungarian volunteers, who will all take part in a 3-day training session right before the festival.
There are two types of volunteers: those who will work in pairs at three Safety First points throughout the festival, and others that will patrol and monitor areas connected to each of the three points.
The volunteers’ main task will be to act as a “third eye” to health, technical and security service personnel on-site, and to help complement their work in making the festival as safe as possible. Volunteers will work in 6-hour shifts, providing a permanent presence throughout the festival at all times.
Who are we looking for?
- Individuals with excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, proactivity - English knowledge is a must and knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage!
- Socially sensitive, willing to help, conscious festival-goers
- Young people with medical knowledge, medical students, psychology students or national security students
What do we offer in exchange?
- Free access to the full festival
- Gaining experience in Balaton Sound’s Safety First Team
- Safety First Uniform (T-shirt and sweatshirt)
- Camping area
- A daily hot meal
- The most effective team members will be awarded a free 1-day ticket to any Sziget Ltd. or Volt Production Ltd. 2019 event
Activity: June 30 - July 8, 2019
Application Deadline: 30 April, 2019
You can sign up for the Safety First Volunteer Program through the Festival Volunteer Center platform. Choose the Safety First volunteer task and fill out the application form.Apply now
>>> Our ambassadors
“Don’t drink the third cup!”
Dr. Gábor ZacherToxicologist
"It is important to know our physical and spiritual boundaries"
Dr. Krisztina HevesiSexual Psychologist
"Live for the moment on the spot!"
"Bring as little as possible to festivals!"
Lina and Panniinfluencers